Thursday March the 4th 2021 marks World Obesity Day. This is a day dedicated to increasing awareness of the root causes of obesity and improving understanding of the actions required to address them. It is a day for encouraging advocacy in order to address the common perceptions in society that drive unfair weight bias and stigma and make it even more difficult for individuals and families affected by obesity to receive proper clinical care and access to treatment.
- World Obesity Day Ireland generates new conversations about obesity
- Press Release for World Obesity Day 4th March 2021
- Recent European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG) Webinar: Adherence to treatment of obesity and associated comorbidities in youth
- Stigma and Bias in Child and Adolescent Obesity: A healthcare providers perspective
- ‘Our Son’s Story’ – a parent’s perspective