Benefits of ASOI Membership
The ASOI committee are pleased to announce that this year in addition to the usual benefits listed below, the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) have sponsored five free registrations to ASOI members for the Advanced Obesity Management Program, worth over €300 each. All members whose annual fees are up to date by 31st May 2020 will be entered into a draw to win a place. The Advanced Obesity Management Program (AOMP) has been reviewed and endorsed by EASO’s Obesity Management Task Force (OMTF). Developed with an international audience in mind, the in-depth program was developed by Obesity Canada and aims to help healthcare professionals across the world to: a) apply knowledge through case-based learning scenarios; and b) learn how to implement new obesity management skills into practice.
- Becoming a member of ASOI has many benefits such as:
- Reduced delegate fees at EASO and WOF conferences and training events where applicable
- Access to the Members resource area of the ASOI website (currently under construction)
- ASOI e-newsletters
- Affiliation to the European Associations for the Study of Obesity and the World Obesity Federation (EASO and WOF)
- Discounted journal subscriptions via membership of EASO and WOF:
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
- International Journal of Obesity (IJO)
- International Journal of Paediatric Obesity
- Obesity Reviews
- Additional national and international information (e.g. EASO & WOF newsletter)
- Eligibility for EASO, ASOI and WOF awards
- Leadership and networking opportunities in your field
- Advocacy for increased funding for research, prevention and treatment of obesity
Membership renewal periods are in May or November each year, depending on when members join.
Professional Membership: Any medical graduate, scientist or health professional with interests in the field of overweight and obesity, is eligible for nomination to become a Professional member of ASOI. Prospective Professional members of the ASOI must complete an Application for Membership form and include a brief Curriculum Vitae. The Membership Committee will consider this application and membership will be official following formal approval by the committee. Upon notification of membership to ASOI payment of the first year’s membership fee must be made within 28 days of this notice. Professional members can hold office and vote for officers and constitutional changes. Annual Professional Membership Fee of €50
Student Membership: To become a student member or to renew student membership of ASOI, you will need to complete an Application for Membership form and provide a letter from your supervisor/mentor, on institutional letterhead, confirming your student (undergraduate/postgraduate) status. Student members cannot hold office or vote for officers and constitutional changes.
Annual Student Membership Fee of €25
Public Membership: Any member of the public can join ASOI as a public member. Public members cannot hold office or vote for officers and constitutional changes.
Annual Public Membership Fee of €30
**To become a member of the ASOI fill in the application form below. A copy of a signed letter on official college headed paper as proof of student status should be sent with your application if you are applying for student membership.