The ASOI, EASO and WOF Executive Committees have been closely monitoring developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic to assess the impact on our European and International Congress on Obesity, ECO-ICO 2020, scheduled for 17-20 May 2020, at the Convention Center Dublin (CCD), Ireland.
As you are aware, the situation has worsened rapidly as the number of infections has increased in numerous countries worldwide, leading to travel bans and restrictions on hosting of events and congresses by governments and health authorities.
Official statements have now been released recommending suspension of all congresses, conferences and seminars in Dublin involving healthcare professionals. In accordance with this decision and the guidance provided by health authorities around the world, The ASOI, EASO and WOF Executive Committees have decided to postpone the conference at this time.
The European and International Congress on Obesity, ECO-ICO 2020, is being postponed until the the 1st to 4th of September 2020, at the Convention Center Dublin, Ireland.
For our sponsors and registrants, we note the following:
- If you are a sponsor, your sponsorship package will be maintained according to your current booking. Our sponsorship team will be in close contact with you over the coming weeks and months to ensure your booked items are carefully implemented according to the new dates. Please note there are no changes to session rooms or Exhibition area.
- The programme remains as it is currently scheduled. If you are holding a symposium and need to make any changes to the content please contact email@example.com.
- If you have already registered, and/or submitted your group registration, for the Conference, your registrations are automatically maintained for the new dates, with the same conditions.
- If you have made your hotel booking through the official PCO, your booking is automatically maintained for the new dates.
- For travel arrangements, we recommend that you contact your travel agency or flight company as soon as possible to modify your booking.
- We are also exploring options for a shorter, online version to support anyone who is not able to attend and to widen the pool of registrants
We would like to thank all of our Conference delegates, members and supporters for their cooperation and understanding during this extraordinary and difficult time. We are working hard to ensure that the ECO-ICO 2020 will be a success and we look forward to welcoming you to the Conference! Until then, we wish you all well.