RTÉ Brainstorm have today published an article co-written by ASOI patient advocate Ms Susie Birney and communications lead Ms Marita Hennessy, emphasising why we need to address weight stigma in all aspects of life. The publication is topical, as it comes with just three days to go until the joint 7th Annual ASOI Conference and European Obesity Day events to be held, on the theme of Patient Advocacy and Approaches to Reduce Obesity Stigma. Find the article at https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0514/1049340-why-we-need-to-address-weight-stigma-in-all-aspects-of-life/.
- Job post: Programme Manager National Obesity Clinical Programmes Maternity Cover
- ‘Living with Obesity’ Campaign Day, 21st October 2020
- Irish Coalition for People living with Obesity (ICPO) issues complaint to RTÉ over stigmatising sketch, with support from professionals, individuals and organisations
- Support for People Living with Overweight & Obesity: weekly online meetings
- ECO-ICO 2020 moves online