RTÉ Brainstorm have today published an article co-written by ASOI patient advocate Ms Susie Birney and communications lead Ms Marita Hennessy, emphasising why we need to address weight stigma in all aspects of life. The publication is topical, as it comes with just three days to go until the joint 7th Annual ASOI Conference and European Obesity Day events to be held, on the theme of Patient Advocacy and Approaches to Reduce Obesity Stigma. Find the article at https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0514/1049340-why-we-need-to-address-weight-stigma-in-all-aspects-of-life/.
- World Obesity Day Ireland generates new conversations about obesity
- Press Release for World Obesity Day 4th March 2021
- Recent European Childhood Obesity Group (ECOG) Webinar: Adherence to treatment of obesity and associated comorbidities in youth
- Stigma and Bias in Child and Adolescent Obesity: A healthcare providers perspective
- ‘Our Son’s Story’ – a parent’s perspective