ASOI Application for Membership
Benefits of ASOI Membership
- Becoming a member of ASOI has many benefits such as:
- Reduced delegate fees at ASOI, EASO and WOF conferences and training events where applicable
- Access to the Members resource area of the ASOI website
- ASOI e-newsletters
- Affiliation to the European Associations for the Study of Obesity and the World Obesity Federation (EASO and WOF)
- Discounted journal subscriptions via membership of EASO and WOF:
- Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism
- International Journal of Obesity (IJO)
- International Journal of Paediatric Obesity
- Obesity Reviews
- Additional national and international information (e.g.EASO & WOF newsletter)
- Eligibility for EASO, ASOI and WOF awards
- Leadership and networking opportunities in your field
- Advocacy for increased funding for research, prevention and treatment of obesity
Professional Membership: Any medical graduate, scientist or health professional with interests in the field of overweight and obesity, is eligible for nomination to become a Professional member of ASOI. Prospective Professional members of the ASOI must complete an Application for Membership form and include a brief Curriculum Vitae. The Membership Committee will consider this application and membership will be official following formal approval by the committee. Upon notification of membership to ASOI payment of the first year’s membership fee must be made within 28 days of this notice. Professional members can hold office and vote for officers and constitutional changes. Annual Professional Membership Fee of €50
Student Membership: To become a student member or to renew student membership of ASOI, you will need to complete an Application for Membership form and provide a letter from your supervisor/mentor, on institutional letterhead, confirming your student (undergraduate/postgraduate) status. Student members cannot hold office or vote for officers and constitutional changes.
Annual Student Membership Fee of €25
Public Membership: Any member of the public can join ASOI as a public member. Public members cannot hold office or vote for officers and constitutional changes.
Annual Public Membership Fee of €30
**To become a member of the ASOI fill in the application form below, and send it to us. A copy of a signed letter on official college headed paper as proof of student status should be sent with your application if you are applying for student membership. Once we have received your application we will review it and send you a link to our membership sign up page. There you can register and pay for membership and gain access to the full website.