RTÉ Brainstorm have today published an article co-written by ASOI patient advocate Ms Susie Birney and communications lead Ms Marita Hennessy, emphasising why we need to address weight stigma in all aspects of life. The publication is topical, as it comes with just three days to go until the joint 7th Annual ASOI Conference and European Obesity Day events to be held, on the theme of Patient Advocacy and Approaches to Reduce Obesity Stigma. Find the article at https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0514/1049340-why-we-need-to-address-weight-stigma-in-all-aspects-of-life/.
- ASOI Committee members to appear on RTÉ’s “10 Things to Know About”
- Marita Hennessy: Weight and obesity are complex issues and weight-stigma harms, not helps
- Patient News: Family Walk
- Conference Report: ASOI 7th Annual Conference & AGM 2019: Building Bonds, Bettering Practice: Patient advocacy and approaches to reduce obesity stigma
- Patient Reflections from European Obesity Day & ASOI 2019